Monday, March 7, 2011

Interesting

Yesterday was certainly an interesting Sunday for me, to say the least...
Started out great- we actually remembered to bring Charlie's suit jacket to put over CJ's car seat so it'd be dark enough for him to stay asleep!!!  With it being Fast Sunday, the Elders in our ward got up to bear their testimonies.  The last Elder bore his testimony of how before he left on his mission, a family from where he was from who used to live here in Jax, had asked that he find a certain family out here.  They didn't know an address for the family, but to please find them and share the gospel with them....So when he was out here on his mission, he was praying for this family for about a month and nothing came up about this family so he stopped praying for them. Some time passed and he then felt prompted to start praying for this family again...Bore his testimony.

I honestly didn't think very much of it at all.  I went to the library later on in the block of meetings and ran into someone who asked me if i knew the daughter of the original family who used to live here in Jax. I did, but had never heard of last name of the family the Elder was trying to find.  I had the thought that i could search the daughter's friends on facebook to try to find the family (I was friends with the daughter anyway). It worked, one thing let to another, I was able to get an address for the family! I phoned the missionaries to let them know.  They asked that they come over to our house to talk to us more about it. Turns out that Spring Break for the girl who was friends with the daughter of the family who used to live here, is THIS WEEK!  So we're all praying for this family now. I thought it was a cool experience of "small worlds".  If you're reading this, please pray too =) Even though i didn't use names, God knows who you'll be talking about. =) Thanks. We'll see what happens.

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment